Effective March 1, 2017, the EnergizeCT Heat Loan program will be administered by Capital For Change, Inc. (C4C). As of that date, any new customers will need to go to www.ctheatloan.com
for program and qualifying information. The new site and the application for this program will be live on March 1st.
Applications will continue to be accepted by Renew Financial through February 28, 2017 at ctenergyloan.com. Any application that is approved with Renew Financial will need to fund within 90 days of application date. All applications approved by Renew Financial must fund by May 31, 2017.
If you are not on C4C’s participating contractor list yet, you will need to complete their application process as soon as possible in order to continue participating in the EnergizeCT Heat Loan program without interruption. Their current contractor application package is available here.
If you have any questions regarding the C4C process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-233- 5165, extension 2002.
Any application that is approved with Renew Financial will need to fund within 90 days of application date. All applications approved by Renew Financial must fund by May 31, 2017.
For applications received through 2/28/2017 by Renew Financial, please refer to the program and qualifying information below:
Who is Eligible?
If you are a residential customer of Eversource or The United Illuminating Company (UI), you may be eligible for a low-interest loan to purchase and install an energy efficient heating system.
- 2.99% APR financing For Residential Heating Equipment Upgrades or Conversions for life of loan*
- Loans up to $15,000
- Installments on your loan will be billed conveniently on your monthly electric bill
- Low monthly payments on loan terms from 3 to 10 years which will result in a monthly payment equal to or less than your projected monthly energy savings
- Up to 90% of the heating system equipment and installation may be financed depending on projected energy savings – the greater the savings, the lower the down payment
- Residential rate customers that have their electric account with Eversource or United Illuminating
- The primary borrower must be the property owner and be listed on the electric account.
- Applicants must be current on their electric utility bill and have had either
- no late payment charges for the most recent six (6) consecutive months or
- no more than two (2) late payment charges for the last twelve (12) consecutive months
- There are no other credit qualifications
What Improvements Qualify?
Your monthly payment and down payment required will be based on the projected energy savings of the proposed heating system. Your annual energy savings will be calculated in accordance with the Connecticut Program Savings Document (CPSD) 9th Edition for 2014 Program Year dated 11/08/2013 for the list of qualified measures below.
ENERGY STAR® Rated and other Qualifying Improvements
Meets or exceeds specifications listed below as verified by 1) energystar.gov 2) AHRI certificate or 3)Manufacturer product specification documentation
- Oil Boilers
- Oil Furnaces
- Natural Gas or Propane Boiler
- Natural Gas or Propane Furnace
- Natural Gas Steam Boiler
- Air Source Heat Pumps
- SEER ≥ 15.00, EER ≥ 12.50, HSPF ≥ 8.50 for Split Systems
- SEER ≥ 15.00, EER ≥ 12.00, HSPF ≥ 8.20 for Packaged Systems
- Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Closed Loop Water to Air EER ≥ 17.1, COP ≥ 3.6
- Closed Loop Water to Water EER ≥ 16.1, COP ≥ 3.1
- Direct Expansion Refrigerant EER ≥ 16, COP ≥ 3.6
- AHRI Rated Ductless Heating and Cooling System of Matched Assembly*
- SEER ≥ 14.5, EER ≥ 12, HSPF ≥ 8.2
- AHRI Rated Ductless Cooling System of Matched Assembly
*Multi-zone indoor unit ductless systems with only 1 outdoor condenser unit are not subject to the 12 EER requirement.
Monthly Payment and Down Payment Contractor Calculator Tool
- This is a link to the web and mobile Contractor Calculator Tool which will instantly calculate the monthly payment and down payment required (minimum 10%) based on the projected energy savings of the proposed heating system. Annual energy savings are calculated in accordance with the Connecticut Program Savings Document (CPSD) 9th Edition for 2014 Program Year dated 11/08/2013 for the list of qualified measures.
- This tool requires at minimum Internet Explorer IE 10. Recommended web browser(s): Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari (Mac) or Opera.
Documents and Forms
Contractor Specification Sheet